Summary: The Trophy Relay is a team game where you pass the water balloon from player to player using an empty toilet paper roll.
Ages: 10 and older
Recommended Number of Players/Teams:
Minimum of 10 players
Any Number of Teams
Best with 5 players or more per team
1. Each team needs a few water balloons
2. Each team needs an empty cardboard toilet paper roll or paper towel roll
3. A bucket to hold the filled water balloons
Set Up: Fill the water ballons and place in bucket or other storage container until needed
How to Play:
1. Form as many teams as desired with a minimum of 5 players per team.
2. The team members stand in a straight line with their left hand on the right shoulder of the player to their left.
3. The first player puts a water balloon on top of an empty toilet paper roll.
4. He/she then passes the "trophy" under their left leg to the person on his/her left. When the last person receives the trophy, they must pass it back to the beginning of the line.
5. If the balloon is dropped, the team may pick it up and start from where they are at.
6. If the balloon pops, the team leader must run to the spare balloon bucket, get another balloon, and begin again.
Winner: Whichever team can get a filled water balloon to the finish line first wins.
Do you have a great story about playing a game listed on this site? Are there variations of the game you would like to share? Tell us!
We only played the Christmas ABC game tonight, but it was fun and funny! I have 3 more games and quizzes that I will take to my parents' house on Saturday. Thanks again!!
Jill K. from California, USA
"I thought I knew a lot of party games, but whenever I go on Perfect Party Games, I learn another one!"
Mandolin P. from Washington, USA