There's No Place Like Home
This home scavenger hunt is fun because the items are hidden around the home in a room or place they DO NOT BELONG. Have the kids find as many of these items as possible They may work in teams or individually. The number of items you hide depends on the amount of children playing the game. The list below will give you a good start.
Ages: Children from 5 to 12
1. Create your list of items using the suggestions you will find at the bottom of this page
2. Hide the items around the house in places or rooms that they don't belong
3. Hide only ONE of each item on the list
4. Hide one of the items EXTRA well in case of a tie
A list of the hidden items
Each team or individual will need a pillow case
1. The participants have a time limit of 20 minutes.
2. Inform them which rooms are LEGAL (hidden items are here) and which rooms are OFF IMITS (nothing is hidden in these rooms). Feel free to use the garage as a room. You could even use the front porch, backyard or the deck in nice weather.
3. Tell the participants there is ONE hidden especially well and if they find that item, they get extra credit.
4. The participants must come back to the starting point once the time has run out.
The winner is the team/person with the most items. If there is a tie, the team/person who found the one item hidden EXTRA well is now the winner.
Think of each item in this manner...Hide a can of soda somewhere other than the kitchen, maybe under the piano. Hide a dictionary in the pantry, etc.
can of soda
family photo album
bar of soup
can of soup
box of tissue
plastic trash liner
partable cd player
pair of shoes
matches or lighter
pair of scissors
spool of yarn
Go from Home Scavenger Hunt to Party Games Index
Comments, Variations and Stories
Do you have a great story about playing a game listed on this site? Are there variations of the game you would like to share? Tell us!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Some Other Ideas for Hidden Items Not rated yet
Rubber ducks, plastic animal, bracelet, Easter egg, scarf, dollar coins, candies, erasers, dice, pack of cards/gum, rings, colorful feathers, calculator, …
Click here to write your own.